ABViewer 14 released
Section, transparency, bounding box with overall dimensions and other new features for advanced work with 3D files
After many days of hard work, we are delighted to present you a new version of ABViewer – ABViewer 14. This new version is a major step forward in making our software more powerful and efficient to work with 3D files.
The new version of ABViewer has a dynamic section tool. With its help you may create a section view of a 3D model, see its hidden elements and measure them when necessary. Sections do not modify geometry and are fully customizable. You can add one or more section planes and adjust their position either by moving arrows, or by entering numeric values into the provided fields. Changes are applied immediately.
Enhanced user interface with new features
We revamped the ABViewer interface so that your interacting with 3D models will become more intuitive and convenient. Apart from that, we added new visualization tools and commands:
Transparency. Adjust how transparent the selected object should be and see its inner structure and hidden elements.
Edges. Show or hide edges of a 3D model.
Anti-aliasing. Turn on anti-aliasing in 3D modes. It improves image quality by making jagged lines and borders look smoother, i.e. removes the staircase effect.
STEP/IGES converter. Convert STEP files to IGES file format and vice versa.
Hidden lines. Display a 3D model as wireframe, all other lines will be hidden.
Bounding box. Show a 3D model bounding box and its overall dimensions.
However, ABViewer 14 does not only focus on 3D enhancements. Here is a list of other improvements:
- Optimized reading and saving of DWG and DXF files;
- Optimized batch conversion of files;
- Added export to AutoCAD DWG 2010;
- Added saving to raster PDF files;
- Added saving of fonts to PDF file;
- Added object layer map allowing to automatically adjust distribution of entities by layers;
- Added snap mode in inserts;
- Added a new mode of grid displaying;
- Improved comparison of DWG and DXF files: new comparison settings and capability to print out results of comparison;
- Improved G-code generation from DWG and DXF files.
Download the latest version of ABViewer and try it out right now. It is free for 45 days.
We will be glad to answer all your questions and help with the upgrade from older versions of ABViewer, just send an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.