DWG file viewing in HTML pages

Discuss and ask questions about CADViewX (Lite and Pro versions).

Moderators: SDS, support, admin

pkrzic

DWG file viewing in HTML pages

Post by pkrzic » 29 Jul 2005, 12:32

Hello!

I have a problem finding a good solution for this problem.

I am working on a project for a multinational company called DANFOSS. They would like to have a preview of some DWG files inside of HTML pages.

Right now I am trying to include a freedwgviewer (http://www.infograph.com/products/dwgviewer/), but results are not good enough (I cannot get rid of the toolbar inside of the preview).

My limitations are:
- DWG preview inside HTML page must be 160x120 pixels (that is a very small size)
- the preview must not include any other parts (like toobars, etc.) because the space is so limited

Until now I haven't find a good soluton to my problem. I wonder if cadsofttools.com have something to offer.

If you have any other questions I can elaborate further or even send a HTML sample I have to produce.

Evgeny

Post by Evgeny » 29 Jul 2005, 12:46

Hello!
We are working on ActiveX for working with AutoCAD formats. Is ActiveX control affordable for you? Do you mean bmp picture as "DWG preview" or entities should be read and shown?
Please write us your requirements and we try to make ActiveX for your purpose as soon as possible.

pkrzic

Post by pkrzic » 29 Jul 2005, 13:06

Hello!

thanks for the quick response.

No, I don't need BMP images. I need a preview of actual DWG files.

ActiveX would be OK!

I would need some switches for controlling the preview:

- input parameter, that is necessary: path to the DWG file
- height of the preview
- width if the preview
- background color (white/black)

There are maybe some more switches that I would need, but theese are the most important.

Please do not forget: preview must not include anything else but the DWG file preview (160x120 pixels is not much space)

If you would be able to produce something like this in a short time (like 1 month) I would grab your activeX component like a 20 year olde blonde and not let it go!

Have a nice day!

P.S. Just to inform you. I am a mechanical engineer not a programer, so some programming things I am not very familiar with.

Primoz Krzic

pkrzic

Post by pkrzic » 29 Jul 2005, 13:13

And something else!

I have seen some AB viewer DWG file previews and the quality is great! If the activeX control woiuld have that kind of quality It would be great.

Evgeny

Post by Evgeny » 29 Jul 2005, 13:59

Hello Primoz!
Thank you for your posts!
ActiveX will have the same DWG reading quality as ABViewer.
We'll make the demo very soon.

Kind regards,
Evgeny

pkrzic

Post by pkrzic » 29 Jul 2005, 15:17

Hello

One more thing.

The previews must be printable (the printut must look identical to screen preview)

The software I am currently trying to make working desn't support printing (in the printout there are blank spaces where there were previews of the DWG's on the screen).

Oh, and one more thing.

I was going through ISCAR web page (ISCAR is a giant company producing lathe and milling tools).

I found out that they are also using some kind of freeware DXF previewer. For instance, go to page http://www.iscar.com/ecat/item.asp?app= ... 33&lang=EN
and click on the "DXF" link. This previewer is freeware and not good enough for me. I belive that it is not good enough for them too.

Maybe if they are presented with a better tool for not an enormous money...

Evgeny

Post by Evgeny » 29 Jul 2005, 16:56

Demo:
http://www.cadsofttools.com/Download/cadviewx.zip

1. CADViewX\CADViewLib\Install.bat
2. Open CADViewX\Html\CADViewX.htm
3. Context menu on right mouse button click - here you can open toolbar, printpreview, change colors, layouts, layers and many other things.
4. Open CADViewX.htm in notepad - here you see how to work with ActiveX in html code.

Kind regards,
cadsofttools team

pkrzic

Post by pkrzic » 30 Jul 2005, 11:45

Great!

It works fine. The solution to turn on and of the toolbars is great.

Printouts are awesome! I would't dare to think that the quality would be so good. Your printing code must be really something!

I noticed that the printouts are a better quality than the screen preview. That's OK with me becuase my final result is the printout, not the screen preview.

But I wouldn't be an egineer If I didn't have something to report to be improved.

There are 3 things that I noticed.
- A table of color codes would be great. Right now I cant make the window background to be white. I have another idea: The function to make the window backgrund the same color as the DWG background would be fine too.

- The DWG file does not load when you open the HTML page. I had to turn on the toolbar and manually open the DWG file. Is that a small bug or am I doing something wrong? If it is a bug than it has to be addressed.

- In ABviewer there is an option to turn off border around CAD image (Options/visualisatins/border around CAD image). Is there an option to make a similar toggle in activeX component? It would be even better if it would be possible to control the amount of the border.

Once again I must thank you for great job!

P.S. there would be nice if there was a list of ActiveX switches and options (for instance: <PARAM NAME="Color" VALUE="0"> -- window background color (0 = black,....) and so on.

Have a nice weekend!

Primoz

Evgeny

Post by Evgeny » 01 Aug 2005, 19:54

Hello!

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">There are 3 things that I noticed.
- A table of color codes would be great. Right now I cant make the window background to be white. I have another idea: The function to make the window backgrund the same color as the DWG background would be fine too.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
AutoCAD to RGB table:
http://www.cadforum.cz/cadforum/qaID.asp?ID=1236
BackGround color can be set as RGB.
Property BackGround color is added to activeX demo. Do you need event "OnBackgroundColorChange" to change the html background dynamic?

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">The DWG file does not load when you open the HTML page. I had to turn on the toolbar and manually open the DWG file. Is that a small bug or am I doing something wrong? If it is a bug than it has to be addressed.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Please use the construction:
<PARAM NAME="FileName" VALUE="fulladdresstothefile" >

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">- In ABviewer there is an option to turn off border around CAD image (Options/visualisatins/border around CAD image). Is there an option to make a similar toggle in activeX component? It would be even better if it would be possible to control the amount of the border.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
will be added

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">P.S. there would be nice if there was a list of ActiveX switches and options (for instance: <PARAM NAME="Color" VALUE="0"> -- window background color (0 = black,....) and so on.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
ok.

Thank you very much for your contribution!
Kind regards,
CADSoftTools team

pkrzic

Post by pkrzic » 02 Aug 2005, 01:55

Nice!

Almost everything you proposed works OK!

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">
AutoCAD to RGB table:
http://www.cadforum.cz/cadforum/qaID.asp?ID=1236
BackGround color can be setted as RGB.
Property BackGround color is added to activeX demo.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
I have a problem with this one (maybe I am a bit slow [:)]).

Please tell me, what the code should be that the preview window background would be white. My current paramater setting is:
<PARAM NAME="Color" VALUE="0">

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Do you need event "OnBackgroundColorChange" to change the html background dynamic?<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
No, I don' need it.

Other than that everything is fine so far. The loading time is quite short (even if I have 20 DWG previewed files in one HTML file). Some other similar softwares load significantly longer.

Have a nice time.

Primoz

pkrzic

Post by pkrzic » 03 Aug 2005, 12:12

Hello!

Evgeny, I can not see your last post (02 Aug 2005 10:22:11). It is not present in this topic page.

Is it possible to post it one more time?

Thanks.

Primoz

Evgeny

Post by Evgeny » 03 Aug 2005, 14:03

Hello!

New version:
http://www.cadsofttools.com/Download/cadviewx.zip
description of the properties is in CADViewXPropList.txt

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Please tell me, what the code should be that the preview window background would be white. My current paramater setting is:
<PARAM NAME="Color" VALUE="0"><hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

White = 16777215; (0xFFFFFF)

Red = 255; (0xFF)
Green = 65280; (0xFF00)
Blue = 16711680; (0xFF0000)

There are two kinds of licenses: end-user license with registration on each PC and server license for web-site / intranet.

Kind regards,
Evgeny

pkrzic

Post by pkrzic » 07 Aug 2005, 14:46

Hello!

could you please send me the purchase options for this product.

We need the licenses for 2 computers (no network).

I need this information to send it to our project manager.

My mail is in my user profile.

SDS

Post by SDS » 08 Aug 2005, 16:44

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by pkrzic</i>
<br />Hello!

could you please send me the purchase options for this product.

We need the licenses for 2 computers (no network).

I need this information to send it to our project manager.

My mail is in my user profile.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Hello!
I have sent to you the purchase options for CADViewX on your e-mail
Kind regards,
Dmitry

pkrzic

Post by pkrzic » 12 Sep 2005, 10:31

Hello,

I am ready to buy this product (and there is 99% probability that I will buy 2 or 3 seats by the end of this week).

There is only one more thing that my project manager does not like in the current product. We can not get rid off the 1 pixel border arund the preview in the HTML page (this border does not seem to be a HTML object - we the border = "0" method does not work).

If you have any quick and easy solution for this problem we would certanly appreciate it wery much.

This issue will probably not delay the purcahase, but my project manager would certanly be much more happier.

Thanks .

Primoz