Problems in CAD Editor demo

Discuss and ask questions about CAD VCL (Delphi and C++ Builder).

Moderators: SDS, support, admin

AlexUS

Post by AlexUS » 23 Mar 2007, 14:18

Hi Sergey

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by support</i>
<br />Hello Alex,

We would like you to study updated library available at: http://www.cadsofttools.com/download/cadimportvcl.zip

In need to get updated version of DXF Import VCL please contact us on info@cadsofttools.com with a reference to this topic.

Sergey.

Please post questions to the forum or write to support@cadsofttools.com

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

I wrote e-mail on support@cadsofttools.com they told me that we'll receive updated library after buying the component (that we made on 12th of March!!!). I wrote them that we've already bought DXF Import VCL but I still have no answer.

And one more important thing. I found that in component that we bought function TsgImage.ShowPoint doesn't work (doesn't do enything). implementation of this function is situated in component's DCU files .
The project that i work on is to be released in a few days and i have the bug in component and navigation image doesn't work correctly!
Can you help me with that? Who have I connect to with question about reject component and correction bugs in it?

Alex

AlexUS

Post by AlexUS » 23 Mar 2007, 14:23

remark:
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">I wrote e-mail on support@cadsofttools.com<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
I wrote e-mail on info@cadsofttools.com

Alex

support

Post by support » 23 Mar 2007, 15:04

Hello Alex,

We have sent you a confirmation letter from support@cadsofttools.com. Please answer us as only as you will have it received.

Sergey.

Evgeny

Post by Evgeny » 26 Mar 2007, 10:38

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by AlexUS</i>

I wrote e-mail on support@cadsofttools.com they told me that we'll receive updated library after buying the component (that we made on 12th of March!!!). I wrote them that we've already bought DXF Import VCL but I still have no answer.

Alex

Dear Alex,

We send the software in 48 hours after purchasing. The product was sent to you in time. Please pay attention that we send the product to the e-mail which was used when purchasing. You wrote us from 2 different e-mails (xxx@yahoo.com and xxx@mail.ru) but purchase was made from the third e-mail (xxx@.xx.ua). Initially the software link was send to the third e-mail.
Many of e-mail providers have very strong spam filters and our e-mails cannot reach them. Please write us if you have no registration e-mail - we have no spam filter and get your e-mail. We will resend the software from special e-mail address so it will reach you or provide you with a link by fax.
If any registration problems our clients write to us to "info@cadsofttools.com" and the problem is usually solved in some hours. In your case the software was send to all 3 e-mails you have.
Now we wait for your confirmation.
Thank you.
Kind regards,
Evgeny

AlexUS

Post by AlexUS » 02 Apr 2007, 14:29

Hi, Evgeny
We received CD with component by post, thank you. I hope that there will not be any problems in e-mail adresses. Now I have e-mail, that I use on work.

Alex

AlexUS

Post by AlexUS » 02 Apr 2007, 14:46

Hello, Sergey
I found one more bug in DXFImport VCL that we had bought: snap-function doesn't work with TsgDXFPoint. You can see it if you open dxf-file that i've sent you on e-mail in Viewer Demo. This bug is in TsgObjectSnap.GetSnapPoint function.
I need it to be repaired as soon as it is possible.

Alex

AlexUS

Post by AlexUS » 02 Apr 2007, 16:26

Hi, Sergey
I found one more bug in DXFImport VCL: in the same dxf-file that i've sent you functions of selection in mmSelect and mmMultiSelect mode of TsgManagerMode doesn't work with points. I can't select them either in mmSelect mode or in mmMultiSelect mode.
All these bugs that I found in license version of component that we had bought move the release of my project far later in time then it was in plan. Why does your component work differently in trial version and in licensed version?

Alex

support

Post by support » 02 Apr 2007, 17:14

Hi, Alex.

Do you mean that trial version has no described problem?

Sergey.

AlexUS

Post by AlexUS » 02 Apr 2007, 18:51

Hi, Sergey
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Do you mean that trial version has no described problem?<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Yes I mean that when i used trial version i hadn't problems with such functions like ShowPoint, GetSnapPoint and FindEntity.
When I installed licensed component function ShowPoint didn't work. You sent me updated version of licensed component and i found that in that one doesn't work selection and snap-function with TsgDXFPoint.

Alex

support

Post by support » 05 Apr 2007, 16:48

Hello Alex,
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Yes I mean that when i used trial version i hadn't problems with such functions like ShowPoint,<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
The following code demonstrates how to view all TsgDXFText entities using function ShowPoint:

Code: Select all

<b>procedure</b> TForm1.btnSearchClick(Sender: TObject);
<b>var</b>
  I: Integer;
  Text: TsgDXFText;  
  FPoint, FPoint1: TFPoint;
  FRect: TFRect; 
  vImg: TsgDXFImage;           

<b>procedure</b> CalcParamsForShowPoint(<b>var</b> Location: TFPoint;
      AsgImage: TsgImage; <b>var</b> APoint: TFPoint; <b>var</b> ARect: TFRect);
  <b>var</b>
    vPoint: TPoint;
    vRect: TRect;
    R: Double;
  <b>begin</b>
    vPoint := vImg.GetPoint(Location);
    APoint := MakeFPoint(vPoint.X, vPoint.Y, <font color="blue">0</font id="blue">);
    vRect := AsgImage.PictureRect;
    <b>if</b> AsgImage.UsePictureRect <b>then
      begin</b>
        vRect.Left := vRect.Left - AsgImage.Left;
        vRect.Right := vRect.Right - AsgImage.Left;
        vRect.Top := vRect.Top - AsgImage.Top;
        vRect.Bottom := vRect.Bottom - AsgImage.Top;
      <b>end</b>;
      ARect := MakeFRect(vRect.Left, vRect.Top, <font color="blue">0</font id="blue">, vRect.Right, vRect.Bottom, <font color="blue">0</font id="blue">);
      <b>if not</b> AsgImage.UsePictureRect <b>then
      begin</b>
        APoint.X := APoint.X + ARect.Left;
        APoint.Y := APoint.Y + ARect.Top;
      <b>end</b>;
  <font color="blue"><i>//The TFRect top must be greater than bottom</i></font id="blue">
    R := ARect.Top;
    ARect.Top := ARect.Bottom;
    ARect.Bottom := R;
  <b>end</b>;

<b>begin
  if</b> sgImage1.Picture.Graphic <b>is</b> TsgDXFImage <b>then</b>
    vImg := TsgDXFImage(sgImage1.Picture.Graphic)
  <b>else</b>
    Exit; 

sgImage1.Align := alNone;

<b>for</b> I := <font color="blue">0</font id="blue"> <b>to</b> vImg.Converter.Sections[csEntities].Count - <font color="blue">1</font id="blue"> <b>do
  begin
    if</b> vImg.Converter.Sections[csEntities].Entities[I] <b>is</b> TsgDXFText <b>then
    begin</b>
      Text := TsgDXFText(vImg.Converter.Sections[csEntities].Entities[I]);
      FPoint := Text.Point;
      FRect := vImg.Extents;
      CalcParamsForShowPoint(FPoint, sgImage1, FPoint1, FRect);
      sgImage1.ShowPoint(FPoint1, <font color="blue">100</font id="blue">, FRect);
      ShowMessage(Text.Text);
    <b>end</b>;
  <b>end</b>;
<b>end</b>;
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">...GetSnapPoint...<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
This problem has been solved. We have sent you e-mail with respective link to the library. Also <b>CAD Import VCL</b> (available at: http://www.cadsofttools.com/download/cadimportvcl.zip) had been updated.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">...and FindEntity.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
We made new selecting logic in Editor demo on the lot of requests from our customers. Now it is based on two modules: DXFImage and sgSelection, and all selecting logic is hidden from the user. In our previous posts we told that demo Editor would be changed in new release of <b>CAD Import VCL</b>. Please study it. It is available in the ..\Delphi\Demos\Editor\.. folder of the package.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">You sent me updated version of licensed component and i found that in that one doesn't work selection and snap-function with TsgDXFPoint.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Please note, that you tested version 5.2.5 of our libraries, but purchased version 6.1. By definition they may differ and we warned you about changes in the Editor demo.

Sergey.

AlexUS

Post by AlexUS » 06 Apr 2007, 12:24

Hi, Sergey
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"> We have sent you e-mail with respective link to the library.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
I tested new library. In Viewer snapping of TsgDXFPoints does work. But in Editor there is still none possibility to select any TsgDXFPoint using mmMultiSelect mode and in mmSelect mode on selected point is not drawn marker. This bug was not solved. In my project i solved this problem by myself but snapping i couldn't change because
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"> all selecting logic is hidden from the user<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Thank you for supporting.
About ShowPoint: as i told this problem was solved when you sent me second version of my component.
Now I'll use the latest version of library that i received today but telling truth i'm bewaring to find there new bugs which i hadn't using trial version.

Alex

support

Post by support » 06 Apr 2007, 16:24

Hello Alex.

First of all let us thank you for your useful remarks. They help us to improve our software. And we are always opened for discussion of your suggestions and proposals.

Please add the following lines into the module sgSManager.pas:

Code: Select all

<b>procedure</b> TsgSelectionManager.DrawSelection;
<b>begin
  for</b> I := 0 <b>to</b> FEntities.Count - 1 <b>do
  begin
    if</b> TsgDXFEntity(FEntities[I]) <b>is</b> TsgDXFPoint <b>then</b>
      DrawMarker(FImg.GetPoint(TsgDXFPoint(FEntities[I]).Point));

AlexUS

Post by AlexUS » 17 Apr 2007, 14:51

Hi, Sergey
When sgImage.MouseRect = true there is a possibility to zoom area of image by rectangle. But if delta between start point of rectangle and current position of mouse is small it brings to counting very big scale (about 1000000%) and in case of opening of big draft application doesn't answer about 10s.
How to forbid making too small rectangles when mouseRect=true? How to set that delta between start and current points of rectangle?

Alex

support

Post by support » 08 May 2007, 17:44

Hello Alex,

Here is some misunderstanding. When sgImage.MouseRect = true, sgImage component works as it has to. It views rectangle area selected by mouse, and for this purpose it enlarges loaded image with necessary scale factor. The problem that it is that it works slowly. Considering the question more deeply, we will find out that viewing speed does not depend on sgImage component itself. Speed depends on the library's productivity. So, we must say, that CAD Import VCL v.6.1 (available at: http://www.cadsofttools.com/download/cadimportvcl.zip) works faster then version 5.2.5. And we work constantly on this question. If you could send us your file, which makes the most quantity of troubles for you, we would take it to our researches in speed question.

Sergey.

AlexUS

Post by AlexUS » 10 May 2007, 11:03

Hi, Sergey.
The problem is not exactly in speed of scaling. Problem is:
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">How to forbid making too small rectangles when mouseRect=true? How to set that delta between start and current points of rectangle?
If I set mouseRect=true and work in mmSelect mode sometimes when i select entity i make short movement of mouse between position of mousedown and mouseup. It means that these positions does not coincide and mmSelect doesn't work and sgImage makes scaling of small rectangle (about 2-3 pixels) and that means that it's needed to count big scale - and that is made very slowly in case of big draft.
Do you understand what i mean?

Alex