CADImportVCL and Unicode Text

Discuss and ask questions about CAD VCL (Delphi and C++ Builder).

Moderators: SDS, support, admin

gurulab

CADImportVCL and Unicode Text

Post by gurulab » 30 Dec 2004, 20:44

In CJK CodePage, I can't distinguish degree sign(%%d, $B0) and plus-minus sign(%%p, $B1) with CJK Code (WideChar). Because CJK's lead byte is between $80 ~ $FE, degree sign and plus-minus sign is converted to strange CJK character.

In my opinion, the solution for this situation is that add new property to TsgDXFText like 'TsgDXFText.UnicodeText' (Convert special characters to unicode) or 'TsgDXFText.RawText'(Access text with conversion).

Thanks.

Evgeny

Post by Evgeny » 06 Jan 2005, 10:55

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by gurulab</i>
<br />In CJK CodePage, I can't distinguish degree sign(%%d, $B0) and plus-minus sign(%%p, $B1) with CJK Code (WideChar). Because CJK's lead byte is between $80 ~ $FE, degree sign and plus-minus sign is converted to strange CJK character.

In my opinion, the solution for this situation is that add new property to TsgDXFText like 'TsgDXFText.UnicodeText' (Convert special characters to unicode) or 'TsgDXFText.RawText'(Access text with conversion).

Thanks.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Thank you for your important questions. We will add Unicode functionality to CAD Import VCL, also we can give the developer more access to original Text properties.

support

Post by support » 04 Aug 2006, 12:58

CADImportVCL v.5.2.5 (available on http://www.cadsofttools.com/download/cadimportvcl.zip) supports Unicode. Please see Viewer demo (available in the ..\cadimportvcl\Delphi\Demos\Viewer\.. folder of the package). Follow the <b>View > Fonts</b> menu items.

If you have some problems with Unicode text please write us on support@cadsofttols.com with explanations of what you need and some example files.

Sergey.

please post questions to the forum or write to support@cadsofttools.com