Detecting user click on an entity

Discuss and ask questions about CAD VCL (Delphi and C++ Builder).

Moderators: SDS, support, admin

JoelJacob

Detecting user click on an entity

Post by JoelJacob » 17 Oct 2004, 13:15

Hello,

I am evaluating the VCL DXF component.

In my application, I get a DXF map and I must add new objects on the layout. The user then can click on these object to launch specific tasks.

I have studied the "Add new entities" sample. I cannot figure how to get an event or call a function to get the entity object back when the user right-left/click on it.

Joel Jacob

Joel

Evgeny

Post by Evgeny » 18 Oct 2004, 13:43

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by JoelJacob</i>
<br />how to get an event or call a function to get the entity object back when the user right-left/click on it.
Joel
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Hi Joel,
thank you for your question.
Selection of elements is the next demo we are working on. It will be published this week. Initially we are going to make selection for lines/polylines/text.

Evgeny

JoelJacob

Post by JoelJacob » 31 Oct 2004, 13:43

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Evgeny</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by JoelJacob</i>
<br />how to get an event or call a function to get the entity object back when the user right-left/click on it.
Joel
Hi Joel,
thank you for your question.
Selection of elements is the next demo we are working on. It will be published this week. Initially we are going to make selection for lines/polylines/text.

Evgeny

I downloaded today the file CADImportVCL.zip and cannot find the new methods of object select. Have you already implemented these functions ?

Thanks

Joel

Joel

Evgeny

Post by Evgeny » 01 Nov 2004, 16:53

Demo for D6/D7 published.
http://www.cadsofttools.com/download/CADImportVCL.zip
See Delphi/Demos/Selection

Evgeny

Post by Evgeny » 04 Nov 2004, 13:04

Selection demo compatible with D3-D7 published.

Evgeny

Post by Evgeny » 05 Jan 2005, 16:20

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by JoelJacob</i>
<br />Hello,
I am evaluating the VCL DXF component.
In my application, I get a DXF map and I must add new objects on the layout. The user then can click on these object to launch specific tasks.
I cannot figure how to get an event or call a function to get the entity object back when the user right-left/click on it.

Joel Jacob
Joel

Delphi/Demos/Editor

Now this demo allows to select, move entity(ies), and preview selected entities.