Scale in the CADImportVCL

Discuss and ask questions about CAD VCL (Delphi and C++ Builder).

Moderators: SDS, support, admin

pauluk

Scale in the CADImportVCL

Post by pauluk » 03 Jun 2004, 20:53

hi ,
i come from a c++ development background and have little autocad experience.

Our customer has asked we provide a quote for the display of autocad information as an overlay in our airport building software so they can "trace" the airport details.

i have just installed the demo version of the CADImportVCL and compiled and ran up the builder5 ABViewer sample and it looks to provide the required functionaly.

however , i have loaded a customer supplied airport (autocad dxf) and the airport is displayed but it is shown very very small ( the airport file has very large x/y extents) and it seems that the Scale when zoomed in to Scale=1 (this appears to be the most zoomed in level) is still not zoomed in enough to display the detail.

is there a way to increase the zoom level available, or would we have to get the source code version to modify the limits (will this be possible with the source code version?)

Paul.
Developer - Micronav.co.uk

SDS

Post by SDS » 04 Jun 2004, 11:03

Hi,
For answering your questions we need sample file please send file on [url="mailto:info@cadsofttools.com"]info@cadsofttools.com[/url] . Maybe the trouble is in mm/inches determination. If you need just change scale of the drawing the following example displays how to increase scale of the drawing with the TsgImage component.

Code: Select all

void __fastcall TForm1::BtnPlusClick(TObject *Sender)
{
  sgPaintBox->ChangeScale(false, 2, sgPaintBox->Center());//increase scale twice
}

Evgeny

Post by Evgeny » 13 Jul 2004, 11:43

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by pauluk</i>
<br />
is there a way to increase the zoom level available?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Yes this is available now. Please use TsgImage.IsBigScale property. Set it to True if this is TsgDXFImage descendant (i.e. for DXF/DWG/HPGL only). Set it to False for raster formats (BMP/JPEG/GIF...)
Download update: http://www.cadsofttools.com/download/CADImportVCL.zip