Pieces of my drawing are missing

Discuss and ask questions about ABViewer.

Moderators: SDS, support, admin

omargrant9@gmail.com

Pieces of my drawing are missing

Post by omargrant9@gmail.com » 18 Jul 2018, 02:39

I purchased a Professional edition of AB Viewer and I am having problems with it. I attached three files to aid in the explanation of the problem I am having and I will refer to them at the appropriate time. The names of the files are :

1. DWG A.jpg
2. DWG B.png

The first drawing, DWG A (see DWG A attachment), shows the cad file I created. When I used AB viewer to convert it to GCODE this is the result as shown in Universal Gcode Sender Viewer (see DWG B attachment).

The problem I am having is all the red lines shown in the DWG B file are missing and there are some lines that are drawn that are not shown in DWG B when I send it to the plotter. This is a major problem as you can imagine because it does not make sense to do a drawing and then have pieces of it being missing when it is drawn.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Omar
Attachments
DWG B.png
DWG B.png (103.31 KiB) Viewed 29836 times
DWG A.jpg
DWG A.jpg (167.2 KiB) Viewed 29836 times

support

Re: Pieces of my drawing are missing

Post by support » 18 Jul 2018, 18:46

Hello Omar,

Could you please tell how you sent the drawing shown in DWG B to a plotter? As I know, Universal Gcode Sender allows to send G-code commands to CNC machines.

Mikhail
Technical Support E-mail: support@cadsofttools.com
Chat support on Skype: cadsofttools.support

omargrant9@gmail.com

Post by omargrant9@gmail.com » 18 Jul 2018, 20:40

Just so you know the machine I am using was made by me. It is basically a CNC machine. I made it using an Arduino and a CNC shield and some other stuff. One of the primary reasons I made it is to draw on large sheets of paper.

I attached one file. The name is "gcode sender interface.png".

To send the files to the machine I load the file into UGS (Universal Gcode Sender) by clicking on the Browse button (see A on gcode sender interface) and selecting the file. When the file is loaded and I have set the machine to the required position I just press the send button (see B on gcode sender interface) and the machine produces a drawing from the G-code.
Attachments
gcode sender interface.png
gcode sender interface.png (215.92 KiB) Viewed 29816 times

support

Post by support » 18 Jul 2018, 21:57

Omar,

Thank you for the information.
Do you mean that after pressing the Send button you get only white and blue lines on paper?

Mikhail

omargrant9@gmail.com

Post by omargrant9@gmail.com » 18 Jul 2018, 23:00

I mean that the white lines are the only lines that are drawn by the machine. The red lines, which are the lines that are a part of the drawing, are not drawn. The machine just ignores them or leaves them out. The machine does not draw any of the circles (which are in red).

omargrant9@gmail.com

Post by omargrant9@gmail.com » 18 Jul 2018, 23:02

The blue lines are the path that the plotter follows while drawing the objects. They are not supposed to be drawn.

omargrant9@gmail.com

Post by omargrant9@gmail.com » 18 Jul 2018, 23:14

There is one attachment in this reply and the name is DWG B 2.png

I forgot to mention that the machine also draws the bottom curvy line on each of the items (see X on DWG B2). That is the only red line that the machine will draw. It ignores all the circles (which are in red also).
Attachments
DWG B 2.png
DWG B 2.png (75.06 KiB) Viewed 29805 times

support

Post by support » 20 Jul 2018, 18:35

Hello Omar,

Do you know a way to recreate this problem without having a CNC machine? And do you have another .nc files which work correctly with the same version of Universal Gcode Sender?

Mikhail