How to trace a HP-GL on VB ?

Discuss and ask questions about CAD DLL (CAD Image DLL, CAD Importer DLL).

Moderators: SDS, support, admin

nkos

How to trace a HP-GL on VB ?

Post by nkos » 24 Jan 2006, 18:16

Hi, I just downloaded the demo version of "CAD Image DLL, SDK for developers", and tried to run the VB demo!

I know that a HPGL file (with .plt as extension) is composed with
the words PU, PD, PA etc...
And I don't understand how VB can trace these points or lines... ?
When I see the code of CADImages (for VB) I don't see where the soft make these geometric figure !!?? [V][V]

Sorry for the english, it's because i'm french[^]

support

Post by support » 26 Jan 2006, 11:07

Hello,

>And I don't understand how VB can trace these points or lines... ?
You can get access to the entities of HPGL (DWG/DXF, SVG or CGM) files by usage of CADImporter.DLL (available on: http://www.cadsofttools.com/download/CADImporterDLL.zip)

CADImage.DLL translates the contents of HPGL (DWG/DXF, SVG or CGM) files inside of itself. Then it creates bitmap and gives it to VB. Then VB displays it on the screen.

CADImage.DLL gives a wide set of managing functions. They allow to define pages of HPGL files for displaying (layouts for DWG/DXF), to manage with the quality of the output image and some others.

Sergey.

please post questions to the forum or write to support@cadsofttools.com

nkos

Post by nkos » 27 Jan 2006, 19:49

I understand, it's thank to the CADImage.dll that VB can display the picture (points, lines...) ?? ??

And is this CADImage.dll is free to use it in my soft ?

Evgeny

Post by Evgeny » 30 Jan 2006, 10:41

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by nkos</i>
<br />I understand, it's thank to the CADImage.dll that VB can display the picture (points, lines...) ?? ??

And is this CADImage.dll is free to use it in my soft ?

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Hi,
CAD Image DLL requires end-user registration. You can use it free of charge like IrfanView or XnView but all end-users should buy the license. Write to info@cadsofttools.com if you need a special license.