2d Polyline converted to 3d Polyline after saving

Discuss and ask questions about CAD .NET library.

Moderators: SDS, support, admin

shantisoftware

2d Polyline converted to 3d Polyline after saving

Post by shantisoftware » 01 Aug 2023, 09:34

Hi Guys

We are noticing that 2dPolyline entities are altered to 3dPolyline entities after the drawing is saved.

This causes issues with our CNC program (Sigmanest) in cases where the polyline has specified a BULGE parameter, used for creating arcs. They have provided proof that 3dPolylines do not support the bulge parameter, and so ignore it, drawing a line instead. This results in them incorrectly cutting parts worth thousands of dollars, because we have used your control for cleanup of text blocks etc, and the resaved drawing has switched to a 3dPolyline.

I have attached the file (original and after saving) as a sample.
They have a renamed extension so I could attach them. Extension should be renamed to .dxf

Also the comparison of files, after saving (left) and original (right). This is actually a jpg.

support

Re: 2d Polyline converted to 3d Polyline after saving

Post by support » 01 Aug 2023, 15:54

shantisoftware wrote:
01 Aug 2023, 09:34
Hi Guys

We are noticing that 2dPolyline entities are altered to 3dPolyline entities after the drawing is saved.

This causes issues with our CNC program (Sigmanest) in cases where the polyline has specified a BULGE parameter, used for creating arcs. They have provided proof that 3dPolylines do not support the bulge parameter, and so ignore it, drawing a line instead. This results in them incorrectly cutting parts worth thousands of dollars, because we have used your control for cleanup of text blocks etc, and the resaved drawing has switched to a 3dPolyline.

They have a renamed extension so I could attach them. Extension should be renamed to .dxf

Also the comparison of files, after saving (left) and original (right). This is actually a jpg.
Hi,
Unfortunately, we didn't get yor screenshots or original file. Could you send them at support@cadsofttools.com, and we will examine your issue?

Best regards,
Catherine
Technical Support E-mail: support@cadsofttools.com
Chat support on Skype: cadsofttools.support

support

Re: 2d Polyline converted to 3d Polyline after saving

Post by support » 03 Aug 2023, 09:38

support wrote:
01 Aug 2023, 15:54
shantisoftware wrote:
01 Aug 2023, 09:34
Hi Guys

Hi,
Unfortunately, we didn't get yor screenshots or original file. Could you send them at support@cadsofttools.com, and we will examine your issue?

Best regards,
Catherine
Thanks for sending us the files at support@cadsofttools.com. Fixed package was sent to the customer.
Technical Support E-mail: support@cadsofttools.com
Chat support on Skype: cadsofttools.support