Polyline with curved segment incompatible with ACAD

Discuss and ask questions about CAD .NET library.

Moderators: SDS, support, admin

shantisoftware

Polyline with curved segment incompatible with ACAD

Post by shantisoftware » 12 Aug 2022, 03:45

Hi Guys

We have DXF files which contain a polyline entity which has a curved segment.
When we open the drawing in autoCAD it displays correctly, and is drawn exactly the same as viewing it via CADimport.Net or the CadEditorControl.

Once we remove a title block and run SaveAsDXF in CadImport (using export version ACAD2018), Auto-CAD no longer displays the drawing correctly. The curved segment of the polyline is now a straight line in Auto-CAD. Cadimport continues to display it as a curved segment. The file is no longer compatible with AutoCAD (or Sigmanest).

We tried older export versions but the result was the same.

I have attached the pre save and post save dxf files (with jpg extensions tacked on the end so I could upload them), although attachments are being rejected with board quota reached error, so you might need to ask me to email them to you.

Are you able to investigate please.

support

Re: Polyline with curved segment incompatible with ACAD

Post by support » 12 Aug 2022, 09:15

shantisoftware wrote:
12 Aug 2022, 03:45
Hi Guys

We have DXF files which contain a polyline entity which has a curved segment.
When we open the drawing in autoCAD it displays correctly, and is drawn exactly the same as viewing it via CADimport.Net or the CadEditorControl.

Once we remove a title block and run SaveAsDXF in CadImport (using export version ACAD2018), Auto-CAD no longer displays the drawing correctly. The curved segment of the polyline is now a straight line in Auto-CAD. Cadimport continues to display it as a curved segment. The file is no longer compatible with AutoCAD (or Sigmanest).

We tried older export versions but the result was the same.

I have attached the pre save and post save dxf files (with jpg extensions tacked on the end so I could upload them), although attachments are being rejected with board quota reached error, so you might need to ask me to email them to you.

Are you able to investigate please.
Hi,
Please, send me your pre-save and post-save DXF files at support@cadsofttools.com, so we could examine the issue.

Best regards,
Catherine
Technical Support E-mail: support@cadsofttools.com
Chat support on Skype: cadsofttools.support